December 7, 2014

A Pop of Plaid












Ankle Boots: Topshop,   Pants: H&M,   Plaid Shirt: Saks Fifth Avenue,   Sweater: Vince   
Scarf: Handmade By My Grandma,   Nails: Sally Hansen Numbskull 

One of my favorite ways to wear a sweater in the winter is with a collared shirt underneath, this not only keeps you looking stylish, but also warm without the bulk. Due to the fact this oufit is very simple and has lots of black, a plaid shirt adds just the perfect pop of color and print to the outfit. 

This black sweater from Vince has been a staple in my winter wardrobe. Made of wool and cashmere it keeps my body extra warm during the colder months. It has a longer hem in the back where it hits just under my butt. This style is flattering for my body shape as it elongates my torso, although it is not essential considering I am 5'7. 

These pants are a great alternative to just a black pair of skinny jeans, side pockets and ankle zippers add more detail. Now don't get me wrong, I love a classic black skinny, but these pants just have a bit more pizazz.

Since my pants are ankle length, what else would I wear in the winter except a pair of ankle boots. These are some of the most versatile and flattering shoes I own, I wear them all year round. They have a little heel which gives you that extra bit of length and also make my feet look smaller which is a good thing especially when you have huge feet like mine, size ten to be exact. These leather boots are good quality and have weathered many storms, worn on many trips and yet they still look like they were bought yesterday.  Most importantly they are comfortable from the moment you first wear them to when you walk around for hours on end, which I have!

For more info on my scarf check out my blog post November Favorites for more details.

With Love,
                   Simran Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment