December 5, 2014

November Favorites

 November Favorites


As you can tell by how much of the candle is left, I am completely in love with this scent. This candle harmoniously blends the scent of frosting with a hint of cinnamon, called Cinnamon Frosting. Leading up to Christmas the perfect scent to burn and since it is a Bath & Body Works candle it releases it's lovely aroma which fills a room.  
Tip: Since the Christmas season is here Bath & Body Works has great sales and offers throughout the month. So make sure to check their website for Christmas sales.

Since the weather has been getting significantly colder, I enjoy accessorizing my outfits with a scarf, they are warm and stylish. This month has been all about this oversized maroon cable scarf. Luckily for me though, one of a kind because it's handmade with love by my grandmother. I wear it wrapped around twice with my long hair up in a bun or high pontytail due to the fact it envelops my neck. If you are just as much in love with this scarf as I am, then asos carries a very similar version of the scarf  called the Cable Scarf.
 Something else that has me in the winter mood is this body butter from The Body Shop. It smells delicious and is very moisturizing which is a necessity during the colder months, this scent Ginger Sparkle.
Tip: If you purchase Christmas scents from The Body Shop after Christmas, the price is notably lower.
 During the month this notebook has become a prized possession. I have thoroughly enjoyed writing in it and thus have been carrying it around great for jotting down blog ideas or to quickly note things that inspire me throughout the day. Furthermore, it can also be useful to create a to-do list daily or weekly.
 I am going to make a bold statement and say this nail polish is one of the best I have ever tried. This is essie' Shearling Darling. I am in obsessed with this color which would be best described as a deep maroon and since it is essie, the nail polish itself amazing. My personal preference is for two coats of polish, but if in a rush and only have time for one, the colour is still very dark and the coverage excellent, perfect hue for fall and winter. A wonderful alternative to black nail polish which can be too harsh for many skin tones, but if you love a good dark nail polish, this will due just the trick. 
 This is the Chanel lip gloss Glossimer-Blush, it is a more of a brown shade than it appears, but makes for a great lipstick for winter. Although a brown lip gloss can make your skin look drab, this color is great on its own and on top of a lipstick.
Last, but not least, I have adored wearing this rose gold necklace from asos with sweaters and crew neck tops. This necklace is tight around the neck and is definitely a statement piece.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my November Favorites

With Love,
                     Simran Rai

Make sure to check back Sunday for an outfit post featuring the maroon scarf

Check out my instagram for regular updates; simranrrai

No comments:

Post a Comment