February 1, 2015

January Favorites

Beauty Bits


Olay Regenerist Touch of Foundation: This tinted moisturizer has been the only thing I have been using this month. Now you may be thinking, Simran you're not old, why would you need anti-aging products, but since my skin has been relatively clear, I've gravitated to this product which evens out my skin tone and is very moisturizing. Another bonus, it has an SPF 15. (Sorry for the messy lid! I've given it a lot of love.)   

Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant: I received this from Sephora, for my birthday, and have only recently got around to trying it, but as you can tell I have been loving it! At first, the cone shaped brush seems daunting, but I learned to love it along with the formulation of the product itself which adds length and thickens. The only downside, it clumps together my eyelashes, but that was easily fixed with an eyelash comb. 

L'Oreal Paris Nail Polish: This nail polish is in the color Doutzen's Nude. Although I always wear a dark polish, when I'm wearing a nude it will be this color. It flatters just about every skin tone and is long lasting.

 Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: This tinted lip balm gets the job done and is a beautiful color. I first heard about this product from Nikki Phillippi, I picked up the shade Petal and wear it all the time. It is perfect for a day when you don't want to wear lipstick, but still want that color. It is also great for people who easily get sunburned lips because it has a SPF 15. (But don't leave in the sun or it will melt!) 

YSL Touche Eclat: Due to the fact I was in love with the Givenchy Corrective Pen  I figured I would try something new and came across the YSL Touch Eclat in Sephora. It has a similar pigmentation and applicator, however I use it as a highlighter more than a concealer. This has definitely become one of my holy grail products! Let me know if there are any good dupes for this product since it is quite expensive. 

iS Clinical Serum Advance+: This has been another one of my holy grail products. Word cannot describe the wonders this does for my face, I put it on any spots or blemishes I have and the next day they are gone. Yes, I know it is a lot of money for a small amount of product, but a little goes a long way, I bought the travel size ones and I have had one bottle (0.12 fl oz) since September and there is still half of the bottle left.


Random Bits


Alexander McQueen Evolution:  I received this as a gift for my birthday and it was love at first sight. I am obsessed with his designs and the legend himself, so I thoroughly enjoyed flipping through the pages of this book. Although this book probably weights more than my dog, if you love Alexander McQueen or want to learn more about him, I would  highly recommend this book.

Blue Leather Clutch: I purchased this clutch at a vintage store and was drawn to the color. Since I am constantly wearing black it has been nice to add some color to my outfits. But wait, there is more, not only is it a clutch, but it also has an adjustable shoulder strap which is normally the way I wear it.

Topshop Elephant Necklace:  This necklace is just about the cutest accessory I own. I was on the search for a charm necklace that I could wear with everything from a dress to plain white t-shirt and this fit just the bill. Granted, I thought it would have a larger charm when I ordered it online, but I still love it.

Tea: Who doesn't love a bit of tea every once and awhile. I have been sick the last few days, so tea has been my go to drink, specifically these two teas. The Stash Peach tea is best brewed cold with a bit of sugar and the Lipton tea, hot with some honey or at least that's the way I like them.

Elastic Heart: Now I know there has been a lot of controversy about this music video, but I just can't get enough of it. I am mesmerized by the incredible dancers and the vocal abilites of Sia. Although I don't really know the meaning behind the video, I think it is a beautiful piece of art.



With Love,
          Simran Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment