January 11, 2015

New York Day 3 & 4
































It has come to that time of year where the holidays are over and all I can think about is summer. Since I never finished my New York series, I figured why not reminisce about a great trip. 

The first place I visited on day three was the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). You don't have to be an art junkie to appreciate the incredible pieces of art that are displayed on all six floors of the museum, featuring renowned artists such as Monet, Picasso and Warhol. If you are going with children, and don't want to spend money knowing they will be bored after a couple minutes, kids 16 and under get in for free; MoMA also offers many kid friendly activites

I then made my way over to Central Park to relax and people watch. 

You can't leave the city without watching a broadway musical, my choice Mamma Mia. I love the feel-good movie featuring Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried, so I thought why not watch the musical. I was pleasantly surprised and it reminded my of the reason I fell in love with the movie in the first place. 

After watching the musical, I made the short walk to the iconic Times Square. This was definitely one of the most crowded places in Manhattan, so I quickly snapped a couple pictures and made the treacherous journey to find a cab. 
Tip: There is no way you will catch a cab in Times Square, so walk a couple blocks down to a quieter street. 

On the last day we visited Brooklyn via the Brooklyn Bridge. With stellar views all around, it is a great place to take stroll or go on a run. Opened in 1883, the bridge is an incredible piece of architecture and is a must see whilst in New York. When walking around Brooklyn, it is just what you would imagine it to be, filled with young hipsters. Brooklyn is full of interesting people, with great vibes and is unlike anywhere I have ever been. 

Although there is not a picture of it, I wanted to mention Eataly. Eataly is a taste of Italy right in the middle of New York City. It is an amazing place to pick up groceries or grab a bite to eat, my favorites being Le Verdure's gnocchi and, the best part a Nutella Bar. 

Check out New York Day 1 and Day 2 !


With Love, 
           Simran Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment