January 4, 2015

2014 Favorites




Throughout the year  I was on the hunt for the perfect biker jacket when coming across this one from Trouve, I knew it would be a staple in my wardrobe. This was definetly an investment piece, however I was happy to pay the price knowing I would get a lot of wear out of it and that it would last a long time.

From dresses to jeans and everything in between, these ankle boots from Topshop are always on my feet. These pair of shoes are something you can wear all year around. Check out my post A Pop of Plaid to hear more about just how much I love them.  

If you ever see me wearing sunglasses it will most likely be these pair of vintage wayfarer Ray Bans. These are the model B&L 5022. Since I have a round face the angles on the sunglasses flatter my face and the colors go with just about any outfit. 


As a person who likes the au naturale make up look, this blush from MAC does just the trick. The shade Margin adds the perfect flush of color whilst still being noticable on the cheeks. 


If you are just learning how to apply eyeliner or are always in a rush to get ready, like myself, the MAC Technakohl Liner is quick and easy to apply. I like to warm up the liner on my hand first, then apply, this speeds up the process, and results in less errors when applying it directly onto the eye. I use to color Graphblack which is just a basic black and the color lasts throughout the whole day.


This is the Givenchy Mister Light Instant Light Corrective Pen. Words cannot describe how much I love this product, I use it as an under eye conclear and highlighter. It makes my face look  more vibrant and alive. Although it is on the more expensive side, it is worth the money.


Out of all my nail polishes this color has the least amount left, so much so that I have to tilt the bottle in order to get any product. So as you can tell I haven't stopped using the shade, Havana Dreams. It is is a great color for all year around and is less harsh than a white nail polish.



This is the Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer with SPF 30. I use this every morning after I take a shower, so as you can guess I have gone through a lot of bottles. This is the ideal everyday moisturizer, it doesn't have a harsh smell, it has a SPF and sits perfectly under makeup. 


As any person with curly hair will know, it is hard to A, comb your hair at all and B, get your mane under control. Therefore, the Aveda be curly line is an essential for anyone with curly hair problems. In fact, it enchances your curles without making you look like a frizz ball. 

Moroccan Oil is another product that helps with frizz but also shines and moisturizes your hair. With this, a little goes a long way, so although it might seem like a lot of money for a hair product, the bottle with last you a long time.  



Whether you are obsessed with anything Parisian, like myself, or want to know how to dress parisian this book will have you falling in love with the parisian style. 


This book is filled with photos by Scott Schuman, otherwise known as The Satorialist. Over the past year I have fallen in love with his work and looking through the pages in this book, it reminds me of all the reason I started loving his photographs in the first place.

Hope you all have a great new year!

With Love,
           Simran Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment